Approximately 80% of the population has some form of periodontal disease. This includes any type of infection that involves the supporting tissues of a tooth as well as the gums and the bone. We have come to learn that periodontal disease is linked to many other diseases such as diabetes mellitus, osteoporosis, hypertension, smoking, and grinding and
clenching mouth habits if untreated.
At Dr. Poonam Batra’s Dental Clinic, we use the most advanced laser technologies and procedures to treat a wide spectrum of gum diseases in a manner that is minimally invasive and less traumatic. By using up to date equipment and treatments, we ensure that our patients experience fewer postoperative complications, faster recovery, less sensitivity, discomfort and pain.
Periodontal treatments using laser therapy are usually completed in one or two visits. Recovery following treatment is approximately 24 hours, compared to 2-4 weeks for traditional surgery. Our unique customized treatment and after care program is one aspect that has contributed to a stable mouth for our patients.
Our clinic offers the following Periodontal procedures:
- Scaling and Polishing
- Root Planing and Curettage
- Local Drug Delivery
- Crown Lengthening (osseous/non-osseous)
- Flap Surgery
- Bone Grafting
- Root Coverage for receding gums
- Depigmentation (Gum Bleaching)
- Frenectomy (Removal of high/abnormal frenum)
- Laser assisted Pocket Therapy
- Laser assisted Periodontal Flap Surgery
- Treatment of Peri mucositis/Peri-Implantitis
- Soft Tissue Grafting around implants
- Tongue-tie with laser in children and adults