General and Preventive Dentistry
At Dr. Poonam Batra’s Clinic, we take a proactive approach to dentistry by preventing problems before they occur. Patients who maintain regular dental preventive appointments including consultations, examinations and cleanings can avert decay and gum diseases.
- Routine Oral Prophylaxis
- Diagnostic and Treatment Planning
- Evaluation and X-rays
- Oral Hygiene and Dental Counseling
In addition to routine checkups, our team can also identify any potential dental problems that could lead to loss of stability in the future. This includes restoring canine guidance (ensuring that the back teeth don’t contact when the jaws slide to the side) without which patients can experience sensitivity, molar pain, cracked tooth and worn teeth. Restoring canine guidance to re-establish bite will limit para-functional habits (clenching and grinding) which could lead to detrimental dental health including the loss of tooth structure and tooth support. Simple restoration of the teeth can relieve the pressure and prevent the collapse of the teeth and jaws.
❝At our clinic, we focus on prevention utilizing minimal invasive methods to save patients repeated dental visits and costs as well as discomfort in the long-term.❞
Our treatments include:
- Assess and detect/identify habit breakers in children (thumb sucking and tongue thrust).
- Functional appliances to work with growth and reduce potential orthodontic treatment in children.
- Simple restoration of canine guidance in patients who clench and grind their teeth.
- Night guards to prevent wear and tear of dentition.
- Both adults and children may have a short frenulum, a tissue that connects the tongue to the bottom of the mouth or top lip of the gums. This can result in a condition called tongue-tie which impedes the ability of patients to speak and eat comfortably. Our specialist uses laser technology to perform a frenectomy, a quick and relatively painless removal of the tissue in just one visit to improve the function, motion, and health of your mouth.